If you love to play paintball but are worried about paint staining and your safety because paintballs sometimes hit so hard, don’t worry. We are here to guide you on what to wear for paintball, stay safe, and keep your clothes clean. By wearing the right clothes, you can feel less pain and keep your favorite clothes from getting dirty.
What To Wear TO Paintball
Paintball may be messy, and getting hit by a ball can be uncomfortable. However, if you dress appropriately, you can lessen the discomfort of being struck by a ball and ensure that your favorite clothes won’t get ruined.
Because a direct hit from a paintball can cause discomfort, most novices should try to cover as much of their naked flesh as they can while still participating in the game. However, you can lessen the likelihood of experiencing any discomfort and make the game more pleasurable by donning clothing with long sleeves, gloves, and a cap.
What do you wear to paintball? The following items are what the majority of people wear when playing paintball:
Protective Gear for the Head and Face
Your face and head are two of the most vital portions of your body that need to be protected, and how you do so will primarily be determined by the environment you are in. For example, helmets and masks offer the highest protection possible because they cover your entire face, from your forehead to your chin and your ear to your next ear.
Not only are they effective against paintballs, but they also meet the eye protection criteria established by the ASTM. On the other hand, masks have a covering that extends from the face to the mask itself, and some even cover your entire head.
Wearing a baseball cap in the opposite direction from how it is intended to be worn will provide additional protection for the head if you do so. In addition, you might want to think about using a bandana, which is a type of headband that comes with a variety of attachments that might further protect your head from being injured.
Protection for the Upper and Lower Bodies
As a general rule, Paintball players should select upper garments with long sleeves when dressing for the sport, such as t-shirts or shirts with long sleeves. Additionally, you will need to wear something on top of that, such as a jacket or sweatshirt in a dark color, for additional cushioning and protection against changes in the weather. In conclusion, we want to emphasize how important it is for you to dress in a manner that allows your skin to breathe if you are shot by one of your competitors.
When you play paintball, your legs are subjected to a wide variety of hazards, including twigs, thorns, dirt, and pebbles, all of which have the potential to cause minor injuries to your knees and legs. In addition, while playing paintball, you might be required to kneel, crawl, or make other motions that put your lower body in danger of being scratched, injured, or bruised. Therefore, choose a pair of long pants in a dark color, such as jeans, cargo pants, sweatpants, or something similar. Jumpsuits are a fantastic alternative to consider.
Hands and Feet Protection
Since you rely on your hands to point the gun and fire at your opponents, the hands are possibly the most defenseless part of the body and are at the greatest risk of being shot. Therefore, you need to invest in hand gloves of high quality to defend your hands from an attack by your competitors’ hands if you are worried about what to wear for paintball.
Aside from paintball-specific hand gloves, some of the greatest hand gloves available for paintballing are fingerless weight-lifting gloves, gold football gloves, and gardening gloves. Paintball-specific hand gloves are also among the best. Also, steer clear of winter gloves, welding gloves, and latex gloves because they are excessively thick and tough to work with and can make trigger sensitivity more difficult.
Consider whether you will be playing speedball or woods ball, as this will determine the type of footwear that is most appropriate for you to wear on your feet. If you want to play paintball or woods ball, you need shoes with good tread and appropriate ankle support. Some examples of such shoes include trail runners, hiking boots, and running shoes. You can wear cleats if you are playing speedball. However, it would help if you steer clear of the models that come with metal spikes. Also, it would be best if you stayed away from sandals with open toes.
WHAT ATTIRE IS SUITABLE FOR PAINTBALL?
1. Long legging and a long sleeved shirt.
2. Sweatpants, a sweatshirt, and extra layers if the climate allows it.
3. Camouflage or dark colors.
4. Loose clothing that enables movement and activity.
5. Combat boots or running shoes.
6. Bring an extra set of clothes.
Some essential items of clothing What to wear to paintball in summer
What should a girl wear to paintball?
Some people believe that paintball is only for guys and that women aren’t allowed to play the game. That is not the case; in fact, both males and females are capable of playing paintball. However, female players must take additional safety measures. Here are some safety considerations for female players on how to dress for paintball:
- One of the most important things that women should think about before heading to a paintball game is whether or not they want to wear a padded or a sports bra. It can cause pain if someone accidentally shoots you in the chest area. You must have some form of coverage in that area. Some women would benefit most from wearing a regular bra on top with a sports bra underneath.
- People generally advise wearing fully covered cloth or long-sleeved shirts to achieve the desired effect of wearing multiple layers of clothing. It will make you feel safer while you are playing the game and lessen the anxiety that you will experience pain if another player shoots you.
- Put on clothes you don’t mind soiled, as the whole point of playing paintball is to become as messy and soiled as possible from the paint bullets (balls). Therefore, you should never paint while wearing an article of clothing that you adore or that you would feel bad about ruining with paint.
- Wearing garments that are brightly colored or that draw attention to themselves will not help you in this game because the game’s objective is not to get shot by another player. In addition, wearing white garments is not a viable option. Wearing black or other dark colors, harder to detect on the field where you will be playing, is the best strategy for this situation.
- Ladies like this style because they can wear sweatpants and leggings comfortably together. Sweatpants with leggings worn underneath these two articles of clothing come highly recommended because of the robust materials they are constructed from, which are ideally suited for paintball.
- Select comfortable tennis shoes for paintball. It is recommended that you select a set of shoes that does not cause you any discomfort.
- Protective gear such as gloves, vests, knee guards, helmets, and camouflage suits: Most paintball fields provide the protective components you need to wear to finish off your paintball costume. These pieces are required to play paintball.
If they do not have any of these things, you will need to go out and acquire them if you want to play the game more than once.
Paint from paintballs can be removed from clothing with water, although some of the darker pigments may leave a stain behind. Additionally, the playing field may leave behind traces of soil or grass. Because of this, it is a good idea to wear old clothes that you don’t care about or to get new clothes just for the purpose of playing paintball. For more details about paintball stay with us.